Finance Director for a trading company in renewable energy
As Finance Director you will be responsible for the entire financial reporting, control, and management information. This role involves coordination of different departments. In doing so, you will develop straight-through automated processing aimed at building a highly efficient transaction processing environment. When it comes to new opportunities in the market, you will act as a business partner.
The role of Finance Director within this new organizational environment is characterized by close involvement with the business. As Finance Director you will report to the (Global) CFO and have a dotted line to the Managing Director.
Taking ownership and accountability of the local office’s finances is a key focus of this role. This implies further establishing full control of the trade cycle and building a straight-through processing environment which meets governmental requirements.
Another core objective is to continue building an independently operating local office. The team supporting the Finance Director will benefit from your professional guidance and be inspired to work at their highest level. The local office finance team mainly focuses on reporting, analysing, and forecasting KPIs such as gross margin, EBITDA, and working capital. Moreover, in close cooperation with the local leadership, areas of improvement for the overall business performance will be identified while keeping a solid control framework in mind. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparing long-term strategic and annual plans, as well as periodical budgets, forecasts, and reports
- Providing monthly management information regarding deals and transactions, revenue, earnings, balance sheets, and liquidity to stakeholders
- Supporting the MD and Board of Management of the Group in setting up and executing the company’s strategy, especially in relation to investment needs (both short and long term) and M&A
- Driving continuous improvement of the financial performance
- Collaborating with business units and group teams to align processes
- Managing a team of around 10 professionals
As a Finance Director, you are hands-on, ambitious, and stress-resistant. You have a clear vision and a focus on quality. You possess leadership, planning, and organizational skills. You have:
- A Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and 7+ years’ experience in progressively senior finance roles, preferably with a post graduate qualification (RA/RC/ACCA/CMA)
- Knowledge of or a background in (fuels) commodity trading
- Experience with managing a team
- A flexible attitude to work
- An excellent understanding of IFRS Fair Value accounting
- Extensive experience in setting up frameworks that create measurable business objectives (KPIs) supporting management decision
- A deep understanding of financial products, including derivatives
- Experience with a fast growing and multicultural company
- A process oriented personality
- Fluent in English
- Strong communicative team player and good co-operator
When you start working for this organization you will get the opportunity to work within a fast growing company in an international setting. You will be part of an ambitious team of dynamic young professionals. You have the chance to be part of an innovative environment where personal and professional development is key. Within this company you have the possibility to become Finance Director of a company with a clear green goal and being a benefit for society.
The company helps organizations hit their climate targets, no matter how ambitious. Since its founding they have become a reliable partner for high-impact climate projects that generate carbon credits, energy efficiency projects, and certificates. They are considered experts in renewable electricity and gas markets, renewable fuels, and emission allowances.
Renewable fuels are substitutes for fossil fuels and thereby help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The company is as a one-stop-shop in the renewable fuels space: sourcing physical products from across the world and blending them to create finished-grade fuels that are ready for market.
The extensive global presence allows them to make renewable fuels available to the market as well as operate across the entire supply chain – from renewable feedstock to final bio blends at the pump. Renewable fuel use replaces the need for fossil fuels, thereby making the utilization of renewable fuels key to the global energy transition.